ACE-CAE Walk & Talk - Making Sustainable Architecture Work
Walk & Talk: Join us for a guided visit and a policy debate 'Making Sustainable Architecture Work' - 29/09/2022
On Thursday 29 September (afternoon), as part of the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW), the Architects’ Council of Europe is organising a « Walk & Talk » event, which will consist of:
- a GUIDED TOUR around the site of Tour & Taxis (Brussels),
- a POLICY DEBATE, on the legislative and policy levers needed to enable architectural design to accelerate the decarbonisation of the EU Building stock and create lasting cultural and quality change in the built environment.
Walk & Talk "Making Sustainable Architecture Work"
Thursday 29 September, Gare Maritime, Brussels
14h00 - 15h30: Guided Tour around the site of Tour and Taxis
Meeting point at 13H50 at the reception desk of the Dépôt Royal
15h30 - 16h00: Welcome Coffee, Maison de la Poste
Tour & Taxis, Rue Picard 5/7, 1000 Bruxelles
16h00 - 17h30: Policy Debate with officials from the EU Commission, Maison de la Poste
Welcoming words/introduction by Judit KIMPIAN, Chair of the ACE Sustainability Work Group
Presentation by Peter Andreas SATTRUP and Judit KIMPIAN, Chairs of the ACE Sustainable Architecture Work Group followed by a policy debate with:
- Josefina LINDBLOM, European Commission, Directorate-General for Environment (DG ENV), Policy Officer in the Unit "Circular Economy, Sustainable Production & Consumption"
- Philippe MOSELEY, European Commission, Directorate-General for Internal Market (DG GROW), Policy Officer in the Unit "Sustainable Construction “
- Thibault ROY, European Commission, Directorate-General for Energy (DG ENER), Policy Officer, Unit "Buildings and Products"
- Malgorzata WROBEL, European Commission Joint Research Centre, Architect Policy Officer at the Unit "New European Bauhaus"
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAMME OF THE POLICY DEBATE
17h30 - 18h30: Cocktail, Maison de la Poste
PARTICIPATION IN THE TOUR AND POLICY DEBATE IS FREE OF CHARGE UPON REGISTRATION (LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE). After your registration via this google form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from ACE (within a few days).