Assistant Project Officer
vendredi 14 décembre 2018
• Assistant Project Officer sought to work on EU-Funded Projects.
• Location for the post will be at the ACE Secretariat in Brussels, Belgium.
• Contract will be for an unlimited duration starting as soon as possible.
• Minimum qualifications required a Master’s degree in architecture, sustainability or circular economy related field. Research experience is an advantage, experience of working with BIM is desirable. EU Project management experience is also an advantage.
• Languages: the successful applicant will be fluent and highly competent in written English. Fluency in French or another EU language is an advantage.
The Architects' Council of Europe (ACE) represents the architectural profession at European level with its headquarters and Secretariat located in Brussels. Its membership consists of Member Organisations, which are the nationally representative regulatory and professional bodies of all European Union (EU) Member States, the Accession States, as well as Switzerland and Norway. Through them, it represents the interests of about 600,000 architects. ACE’s principal function is to monitor developments at EU level, seeking to influence areas of EU Policy and legislation that have an impact on architectural practice and on the overall quality and sustainability of the built environment. For more information, go to: www.ace-cae.eu
ACE activities relevant for the position
The ACE is currently involved in 7 EU funded projects. All projects relate to high-quality architecture and address issues such as sustainability, energy efficiency and building renovation, BIM, developing e.g. innovative materials and technologies, CPD, training and better architectural education. Through these ACE seeks to promote the architects’ role in building sustainably and energy retrofitting.
To support these activities ACE is recruiting an Assistant Project Officer to help with the work of the Project Officer. The Assistant Project Officer will provide technical, organisational and information support to the implementation of EU funded projects of ACE.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Project Officer
• Implementing EU funded research and innovation projects in the field of buildings energy efficiency, BIM and better architectural education.
• Conducting desk research and providing information support on technical issues in the field of BIM, sustainable buildings, performance gap and architectural solutions
• Preparing project reports, working documents and minutes in English
• Contributing to project activities and events, their management and reporting
• Communicating with project partners; attending project meetings
• Drafting reports and other material for and about the projects
• Writing news and articles for ACE and project related publications
• Assisting with writing project proposals and developing project cooperations
• Managing the content of project websites
Qualification and experience:
• Master’s degree in architecture, sustainability or circular economy related field
• S/he will have a good knowledge of sustainable design and the construction of buildings including innovative technologies and energy efficient retrofitting.
• Experience of working with BIM is desirable
• 1-3 years relevant professional experience
• Experience in drafting documents, reports, minutes, etc. in English
• Research experience (PhD is an advantage)
• EU project management and communication experience is an advantage
Skills and competences:
• Fluency in English; the working language is English
• Fluency in French or another EU language is an advantage.
• Advanced IT and communication skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Website content management systems such as wordpress and Typo3 are an advantage.
• S/he will also be fully conversant with information and communication technology including new media (social networks, twitter etc.) and interactive means of working.
• Intercultural skills, ability to work in an international environment
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise, multi-tasking and work against tight deadlines
• Good problem-solving skills
What we offer:
• A full-time position with a permanent contract with an attractive package of benefits under Belgian law
• Gross monthly salary: around 3,500 € (plus 13th month, paid holidays, luncheon vouchers, health insurance)
• Working in an international environment, possibility of gaining knowledge about the latest cutting-edge research on sustainable buildings across Europe
• Networking opportunities across Europe with ACE member associations
The successful candidate will work on EU-funded Projects in which ACE is a partner and will be responsible for the technical input required of ACE into those projects. The successful candidate will be under the general
direction of the ACE Secretary General, but will report directly to the Project Officer for day to day matters.
The Assistant Project Officer must be ready to assist with additional duties as and when the need arises.
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter) to email@example.com by the 1 January 2019.
Interviews will be held in Brussels on 10 and 11 January 2019.
Architects' Council of Europe (ACE) - Conseil des Architectes d'Europe (CAE)